I woke up this morning knowing exactly what I wanted to do…ride my bike. After getting my water bottle and chomping on an apple with some Naturally More PB I set off. When I returned in roughly and hour I had put 10 miles behind me and had a huge smile on my face. I have to say taht starting each day with a bike ride like that is something that I could get used to.
As I got a bowl of oats ready the UPS guy delivered this:
Tonight’s dinner was inspired by Cooking Light. I took their recipe for the steak (no polenta here as I am sticking to the no grocery June and I did not have any on hand), and did my own little version.
- ~16 oz flank steak
- sprinkled with: cumin, red and black Penzy’s mix, ground sea salt
- sprayed the grill pan with olive oil
- Put the steak on the grill cooked for 6 minutes
- Season the other side, flip for another 6 minutes
I do have to admit that the mixture of red and black pepper had Kevin, Molly, and I all sneezing!
I then sliced the steak thinly and we made tacos!
- Two corn tortillas
- smeared some warm refried beans on each
- A few pieces of steak each
- Topped with smashed avocado, red onions, and remnants from last night’s salad
Yum! Another great recipe from Cooking Light!